This year Prime Big Deal Days runs for 48 hours from October 10-11. It’s their second biggest sale of the year and I always take advantage. But you do have to be a Prime member to get these special prices so if you’re not, then sign up already! Click here to try it out free for 30 days and take advantage of the deals. I’m a member for the perks more than anything. Things like grocery delivery, fast shipping, and streaming are things I value.
In this post, I will share a few tips to help you score some deals for Prime Day, and list the current deals I think you should check out (and update it a few times throughout the day as new deals go live). Some deals go very quickly so don’t linger too much if you see something you really want. I did that last year and missed out on a rock discovery set I really wanted for my daughter.
For the most up to date deals, I recommend you follow my Amazon lists which I will be adding to throughout the day so you can see recommended deals.
Also, this list is not compiled just to get you to buy things. Don’t buy stuff you don’t need just because it’s a good deal. Consumerism is a huge problem but I know we still need to buy things. I like to wait for sales for all my purchases and don’t shop much in general.
So I created this list to help you find products you might need quickly. It took me many hours of scrolling through to find all of these. Hopefully, it saves you some time.
Prime Day Shopping Tips
- Make a list of what you want before you start browsing, or you’ll end up buying a bunch of stuff you don’t need.
- If you don’t have a Prime membership and don’t want to spend the money on that but still want to take advantage of the deals, join using their 30-day free trial, buy the Prime Day stuff you want, then cancel your membership.
- If you want to support small businesses instead of Amazon, shop the handmade section. This is similar to Etsy with small business running their shops on the Amazon platform.
- Check out the lightning deals section for time-limited deals. I recommend you sort and filter the results for what you’re looking for because it can be overwhelming.
- You can check how good a deal something really is by adding it to your cart, then viewing your cart to checkout. It will show you the current sale price and the regular price. Sometimes the deals they advertise is really not as good as they say it is.
- Don’t buy beauty products from brands you don’t know. There are so many fake beauty products on Amazon. Check to see where the product ships from and make sure it’s the brand name or Amazon that’s listed as the store (see image below).
Some deals may expire or sell out and some have not started yet. I will update this list throughout the day as I can, but I recommend you view my lists on Amazon for the most up to date deals and because I add more to it than what I show here.
Hair & Beauty Top Picks
- Shark HyperAir Dryer & Diffuser
- FLAIROSOL – The Original, Spray Bottle for Hair
- CURLSMITH – Hydro Style Flexi-Jelly
- Briogeo Vegan Boar Bristle Hair Brush
- Briogeo Scalp Revival Scalp Exfoliator Charcoal Shampoo
- Briogeo Curl Charisma Chia and Flax Seed Coil Custard
- YANIBEST Satin Bonnet
- Ecoslay Orange Marmalade Curl Definer Gel
- Ecoslay Jello Shot, Extra Firm Hold Gel
- LUS Brands Love Ur Curls 3-Step System
- OUAI Detox Shampoo
- OUAI Anti-Dandruff Shampoo
- DESIGNME BOUNCE.ME Curl Balm
- Umberto Giannini Curl Jelly
- Umberto Giannini Coily Banana Butter Repair + Restore Leave-in Conditioner
- Curlfriend Collective Extra Large Real Mulberry Silk Scrunchie
- Rechargeable Makeup Mirror
Find lots more products on my Amazon list page that I update more often.
Home Top Picks
- Anker 525 Charging Station, 7-in-1 USB C Power Strip
- Fullstar Vegetable Chopper
- Large 12 Pack Shoe Storage Box, Clear Plastic Stackable Shoe Organizer for Closet
- BLUEAIR Air Purifiers, HEPASilent
- Apple AirPods Pro (2nd Gen) Wireless Earbuds
- ooni Fyra 12 Wood Fired Outdoor Pizza Oven
Other products on my list (or that I recommend):
I’m not big on a lot of tech stuff so I really only care about the Kindles. But Amazon is offering amazing deals on their tablets and Alexa devices.
- Audible membership sale -$5.95 the first 4 months. I love this for listening to books while I’m driving.
- Amazon Music sale – 4 months free for Prime members, 3 months free for non Prime and iOs customers.
- Kindle Paperwhite – A great way to have books without taking up space.
- 3 months of free of Kindle Unlimited – If you read a lot of books then this is an amazing deal.
- Kids Kindle – a better Kindle option for kids
- Channel deals – This year they are offering a variety of deals on different channels and movies. Some are 50% off, but most are $0.99 a month for a month or 2. I plan to sign up for some of these and cancel just before the price increases.