This year Prime Day runs for 48 hours from June 21-22. It's their biggest sale of the year and I always take advantage. But you do have to be a Prime member to get these special prices so if you're not, then sign up already! Click here to try it out free for 30 days and take advantage of the deals. I'm a member for the perks more than anything. Things like grocery delivery, fast shipping, and streaming are things I value.
In this post, I will share a few tips to help you score some deals for Prime Day, and list the current deals I think you should check out (and update it a few times throughout the day as new deals go live). Some deals go very quickly so don't linger too much if you see something you really want. I did that and missed out on a rock discovery set I really wanted for my daughter.
For the most up to date deals, I recommend you follow my Amazon shop page. I created a few lists for Prime Day 2021 which I will be adding to throughout the day so you can see recommended deals.
Also, this list is not compiled just to get you to buy things. Don't buy stuff you don't need just because it's a good deal. Consumerism is a huge problem but I know we still need to buy things. I like to wait for sales for all my purchases and don't shop much in general.
So I created this list to help you find products you might need quickly. It took me many hours of scrolling through to find all of these. Hopefully, it saves you some time.
Prime Day Shopping Tips
- Make a list of what you want before you start browsing, or you'll end up buying a bunch of stuff you don't need.
- If you don't have a Prime membership and don't want to spend the money on that but still want to take advantage of the deals, join using their 30-day free trial, buy the Prime Day stuff you want, then cancel your membership.
- If you want to support small businesses instead of Amazon, shop the handmade section. This is similar to Etsy with small business running their shops on the Amazon platform. Amazon is actually giving you back $10 when you shop any small business on or before Prime Day.
- Check out the lightning deals section for time-limited deals. I recommend you sort and filter the results for what you're looking for because it can be overwhelming.
- You can check how good a deal something really is by adding it to your cart, then viewing your cart to checkout. It will show you the current sale price and the regular price. Sometimes the deals they advertise is really not as good as they say it is.
- Don't buy beauty products from brands you don't know. There are so many fake beauty products on Amazon. Check to see where the product ships from and make sure it's the brand name or Amazon that's listed as the store (see images below).
Some deals may expire or sell out and some have not started yet. I will update this list throughout the day as I can.
Hair & Beauty
- NITION Negative Ions Ceramic Hair Dryer with Diffuser
- Curlsmith Curl Conditioning Oil-in-cream
- Misting spray bottle
- Satin sleep bonnet
- Hair or facial steamer
- Microfiber hair towel wrap (I recommend t-shirt material over microfiber, but this is still better than regualr towels)
- FOREO LUNA fofo Smart Facial Cleansing Brush and Skin Analyzer
- Vanity mirror with lights
- Honest Beauty mascara – my favorite!
- Burts Bees Daily Moisturizing Cream
- amika the Kure Intense Repair Mask – this has silicone so it's not CG approved
- ghd Helios Hair Dryer – for my straight haired friends, or those who straighen, not for wearing your hair curly
- Paul Mitchell Pro Tools Express Ion Smooth+ Ceramic Flat Iron – another product not for curls!
Other products on my list (or that I recommend):
I'm not big on a lot of tech stuff so I really only care about the Kindles. But Amazon is offering amazing deals on their tablets and Alexa devices.
- Audible membership sale – I love this for listening to books while I'm driving
- Amazon Music sale – get 4 months free
- Kindle Paperwhite – I'm finally getting one of these for myself since I lack storage space for books in my house
- Kids Kindle – also have the same problem with my daughter and she's a voracious reader, plus you get a free year of content which includes access to thousands of books
- Ninja Compact Kitchen System with Auto-iQ – this set has everything!
- Home safe
- Amazon Basics Enameled Cast Iron Covered Casserole Skillet, 3.3-Quart
- Over the door organizer – I store all my hair products using one of these
- French press – if you're serious about coffee a French press is the best (and it's glass!)
- Casper sleep pillow
- Massage gun
- Nespresso Vertuo coffee machine