Your one-stop-shop for all things curly hair!
Hi curl friend!
Welcome to my Curly Hair Vault, your top resource to help you with your curly hair journey.
I grew up with what I thought was just puffy frizzy hair. For years I cleansed, dried, and styled like most people do, not realizing I was ruining my curls. I resorted to daily straightening to deal with the frizz and have some sense of control. As the years went on, the condition of my hair deteriorated from the damage I was unknowingly doing.
Fast forward to the day I found the curly girl method…and it all turned around! Within months I had actual defined ringlets, soft hair, and could style it curly without any heat tools. Within a year my hair was so low maintenance and had changed from wavy to curly. I had transformed my hair with proper care. And I've been documenting and sharing what I have learned ever since!
This page is a resource of all the curly hair information I have, organized so that you can easily find what you need. It is regularly updated as I create more content on curly hair.
Be sure to follow me on the platforms below:
- What is the curly girl method?
- FREE Master Your Curls Quick Start Guide ebook
- How to start the curly girl method – what products you need
- How to track your curly hair journey
- 5 tips for beginners
- Curly Girl Glossary
- How to dry curly hair
- How to sleep with curly hair
- Curly hair routine for 2B 2C 3A hair
- Daily routine throughout the week
- How to refresh your hair
- Guide to flaxseed gel
Get access to the FREE guides below and many more by subscribing!
Tips & Tricks
- How to repair damaged curly hair
- How to reduce frizz
- Tips for fine & low density curly hair
- How to color curly hair
- Glycerin, humidity, humectants, and dew point – styling based on the weather
- Glycerin free products for high humidity
- How to clarify
- Scalp problems
- Guide to hair porosity
- Hacks to extend wash days
- My progress after 1 year
- My progress after 2 years
- How to tell if products are light or heavy
- Curly hair routine for volume
- Common causes of limp curls & their fixes
- Guide to protein and curly hair
Product Reviews & Tutorials
- 50+ Budget nontoxic curly girl approved products
- My favorite products for high porosity fine curly hair
- My favorite curly girl products of 2019
- Guide to nontoxic & organic curly girl products
- EVOLVh organic hair care review
- TreLuxe review
- Bounce Curl review
- MopTop review
- EVOLVh vs Raw Curls
- The Innate Life Review
- 4 curly hair product mini reviews
- Instagram's most popular curly girl products
- Quick & easy hairstyles for bad hair days
- Easy updos and hairstyles for curly hair
- 10 best curly girl shampoos
- 10 best curly girl conditioners
- 10 best curly girl gels
Recommended Products & Shops
This section contains affiliate links. Please read the disclosure policy for more details.
- EVOLVh – code HE15 for 15% off; check out my review before you order anything
- MopTop – try their samples
- Raw Curls – try their starter kit
- The Innate Life – love their scalp treatment, rose oil, and primer.
- Briogeo – I love their Scalp Revival line, the deep conditioner, and Curl Charism leave in
- TreLuxe – love the ReFlex Serum and Hi Definition gel
- The Detox Market this clean beauty shop sells some curly girl approved brands like Innersense
- Tee-Owel hair towel – use code HOLISTICENCHILADA for 15%off
- Silk pillowcase – to protect your hair overnight, this one is very affordable
- Xtava Black Orchid diffuser – the best diffuser for curly hair
- Hair buff – to protect your curls overnight
- Flairosol spray mist bottle – a great continuous spray misting bottle
- Scalp massager – for hair growth, sore scalp, and volume
Looking for more personalized help? Check out my online course and virtual coaching options below!
Fabulous Curls Academy
Fabulous Curls Academy offers the curly hair resources you need to master your curls and create the routine that will give you fabulous curls. Check out the digital downloads and courses to help you have the defined, bouncy curls you want. The monthly membership is the most affordable way to access everything you need to embrace your curls with success. Click here to learn more.
I now also offer Curl & Clean Beauty Coaching sessions virtually! You can book a 15-minute, 30-minute, or 45-minute session with me to help you solve your curly hair or clean beauty struggles. Click here to learn more.